Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 People's Choice Awards

Miley Cyrus in David Koma, a new designer to watch from London. This is an interesting look for her, more grown-up and fashion-forward than usual. The transparent insets, front panels and colorful details at the hem are interesting.
You can't be any more surprised than I was when Miley Cyrus showed up on the red carpet and I actually LIKED what she was wearing. I still can't quite get over the shock. But, she looks amazing and the dress and shoes strike the right note of fun that at her age her outfits should have. I hope she manages to keep this up!



2012 people's choice awards celebrity
I've already shown this picture of Emma Stone, but the Gucci tuxedo definitely deserves to be shown again. It's perfect with her red hair and a perfect choice for such a casual awards show.


2012 people's choice awards hairstyles
I'm currently trying to decide if I like her new show Once Upon a Time, but I'm fairly certain I like Jennifer Morrison's Oscar de la Renta dress. Sure, the fringe is just this side of drapery, but the shortened length works wonders in not making her too grandmothery. I love the neckline, and you only have to look at Lia Michele's Marchesa dress to know fringe is a new trend. Speaking of which...

2012 people's choice awards winner

I'm normally not a Lia Michele worshipper like some annoying people are. I think she often over-dresses (and over-poses) for events, but in this case, the fringe made the Marchesa gown fun. Probably still too much for this event, but I like it enough that I'll ignore it.

2012 people's choice awards dresses
This dress could have gone so wrong, but instead it turned out to be my favorite of the night. Ginnifer Goodwin totally works it in a Roksanda Ilincic dress, and the shoes and simple cocktail ring are perfect accessories. On what was a fairly boring night fashion wise, she's a beautiful surprise.

Kaley Cuoco in Naeem Khan. This short red dress with a bubble skirt was her best look of the night.
Kaley Cuoco in Naeem Khan lipstick red dress and shoes.
 It's fun, and she's fun, and it made for a great start to the show!

Least favorite: Vanessa Hudgens in Jenny Packman
One word: Spiderweb (eww)

No comments:

Post a Comment