Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 Critics Choice Awards

17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - Arrivals
I have no idea who Shailene Woodley is, but the young actress looked amazing in this minimalistic Calvin Klein gown. It's nice to see someone other than Gwyneth Paltrow pulling off Calvin Klein.


Emma Stone wearing Jason Wu. This blue-green combo looks amazing with her hair and eyes, and I'm really liking the keyhole neckline. Does the belt look like someone cinched it too tight though?

Every once in a while Evan Rachel Wood pulls out some drop-dead amazing gown and looks sensational. Then she goes back to weird androgynous looks I can't decide if I like or not. But when she's on she's on and this Valentino dress is a great look with that pale skin and blond hair.

17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - Arrivals
I'm pretty much always a fan of Dior, and it's definitely working for Kirsten Dunst. The translucent black ruffle at the bottom is so interesting, but her hair looks weird.

17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - Arrivals
For once I didn't hate Michelle Williams' look. This perfectly tailored Chanel column dress flatters her figure... unlike some of the dresses she's worn in the past. I think this was the first dress I've liked on her since she wore the saffron yellow dress at the Academy Awards.

Very rarely does Diane Kruger wear something I don't like, and once again she's nailed it. This Prada dress is unique and unexpected and everything I've come to look forward to from Diane Kruger. And once again, her hair and makeup is flawless.

Least favorite: Ahna O'Reilly in Honor
17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - Red Carpet
Um, what? Don't get me wrong, the dress is beautiful. But what is up with the yellow slip and purple shoes? Nothing in this look makes sense.

Runner up: Elle Fanning in Rodarte
17th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards - Arrivals
This pains me to say, since Elle Fanning is normally an adorable addition to the red carpet, but this time it's not working. She's overwhelmed in this Rodarte dress, which is an overload of chiffon and sunflowers. It just doesn't work. And I'm such a fan of Rodarte normally!

No comments:

Post a Comment