Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Week With Marilyn

Opening this past week, was My Week With Marilyn, starring Michelle Williams. It covers a week of Marilyn Monroe's life during my personal favorite movie of hers, "The Prince and the Showgirl". Emma Watson also has a small part in the movie, as well as Julia Ormond (Vivian Leigh) and Kenneth Branagh (Sir Laurence Olivier) who play some of the greats of Hollywood at that time. I'm very interested in seeing William's take on Marilyn in this movie. Marilyn was moving towards the end of her career, and was such a fragile soul at this point, that you can sense it even as she was acting the bombshell in the film. I couldn't decide if William's had captured her spirit when I watched trailer for the film, but she certainty seems to have it in the set of pictures she did with Vogue. Can't wait to see it!


Top photograph by Annie Leibovitz of Michelle Williams for Vogue, Bottom photograph of Marilyn Monroe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment