Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Annie Leibovitz: Looking Back

Normally, I try to feature current or upcoming editorials; whether they be from Vogue, InStyle, Elle, or other more indie magazines. But, every once in a while a vintage editorial will really inspire me and I just have to share it. This editorial isn't vintage but it's inspiration all the same. I was watching an early 2000s documentary on Annie Leibovitz recently, and they went to Versailles for a Vogue shoot with Kirsten Dunst as Marie Antoinette (she had just finished shooting the movie). The clothes and the atmosphere were exquisite and it reminded me of just how opulent the period was. Leibovitz manages to capture that over-the-top feel while not losing the fragility of the people she shoots, which shows what a masterful photographer she is.








All Pictures via Vogue.com


No comments:

Post a Comment